Once again, Worldnomads.com has teamed up with Lonely Planet to bring you their 2016 Travel Writing Scholarship. The scholarship is open to international students and designed to give you a taste of what it’s like to be a travel writer on the road. This year, they are sending three talented aspiring travel writers to the land down-under – on an Australian road trip. The scholarship is a learning opportunity for someone who is looking for an introduction into the travel writing industry and more importantly, is keen to be mentored.
The experienced team of Worldnomads.com brings service, underwriting expertise, and technology, making us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading travel brands such as Lonely Planet and National Geographic Adventure.
• To be eligible for the scholarship you need to be at least 18 years of age at the time of the application deadline (before June 27, 2016).
• The scholarship is open to all nationalities, however, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English to be considered for the scholarship.
• Aussies are welcome to apply.
• You need a current passport with at least six months left before expiry.
How to Apply:
You can apply on-line through the given link to be entering the scholarship contest:
Each of the three successful applicants will receive the following:
1. Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Melbourne, Australia
2. 3-day workshop with travel writer and mentor Anthony Ham in Melbourne, Australia
3. Three nights’ accommodation in Melbourne, courtesy of YHA Australia
4. A $3000 AUD stipend to go towards food, activities, transport and accommodation on the 10-day road trip around Australia
5. A 15-night ePack to use on the 10-day road trip, courtesy of YHA Australia
6. A free YHA Australia membership, courtesy of YHA Australia
7. A free 3-day Adventure Tours Australia trip, to be used during the 10-day road trip
8. Three free Urban Adventures day tours, to be used during the 10-day road trip
9. Reimbursement for the cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations
10. Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads
11. An opportunity to directly become Lonely Planet assignment, Pathfinders, provided the winners meet the requirements for the Pathfinders program
12. A free copy of “Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Writing”
Each of the shortlisted applicants will receive the following:
1. a free copy of “Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Writing”
Applications close June 27, 2016, at 11 PM (EDT).
Link for More Information: