Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is glad to announce highly selective, full scholarship for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors named as “The Gates Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to the student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at the US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university. The intent of the scholarship is promoting their academic excellence through college graduation and providing them the opportunity to reach their full potential. The scholarship will cover the cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (or the Gates Foundation, abbreviated as BMGF) is a private foundation founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. It was launched in 2000 and is said to be the largest transparently operated private foundation in the world. The primary aims of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology.
To receive the Gates Scholarship, a beneficiary must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African American, American Indian/AlaskaNative, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- A minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- The student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at the US accredited, not-for-profit, private or Public College or University.
How to Apply:
Firstly you must create an account by the given link to apply for the scholarship program: https://www.thegatesscholarship.org/sign-in
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Application opens for The Gates Scholarship on July 15, 2017, and closes is September 15, 2017.
Link for More Information: