Students who are fully committed to becoming principled leaders motivated to improve the lives of others through entrepreneurship, they have an opportunity to applying for “Legatum Fellowships” provide by The Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship at MIT. The students who admitted to begin a (full-time) degree program in the fall semester of the coming academic year are eligible to the fellowship. The fellowship is intensely action-oriented and suits students who are fully committed to becoming entrepreneurial leaders and change agents in the developing world. In general, funds awarded for the fellowship ranged from $5,000 to $50,000.
The Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship at MIT is a community for MIT students, faculty and departments who are passionate about improving lives through ethical entrepreneurial leadership in the developing world. The Center was founded in order to demonstrate the power of entrepreneurship to catalyze transformation in society and to improve global well-being.
In order to apply for this fellowship program, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A current MIT Student
- Admitted to begin a (full-time) degree program at MIT in the fall semester of the coming academic year
- Enrolled as an MIT student for the duration of the one-year fellowship
- Committed to being an entrepreneurial leader in a developing country post-graduation
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship firstly you may sign up through the given link:
The online application form requires submitting the following:
- References: Please provide the names and contact information for 3-4 professional references. References should be able to speak to your potential as a principled entrepreneurial leader and/or your commitment to impacting change in the developing world. Legatum staff will only contact references if you are invited for an interview.
- Resume/ CV: you provide the most up to date version of your resume or CV (1-page max).
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Students in their graduating year can access up to $60,000 in funding other students can access up to $30,000 student. It can be used to support their school tuition and stipend.
Entries for the fellowship will be submitted by March 16th, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions regarding the Fellowship, please email legatum-fellowship-at-mit.edu.