The Women’s International Network of Utility Professionals (WiNUP) believes in doing all it can to help those within the industry with their educational pursuits. Hence the WiNUPis now offering three fellowships named as The Julia Kiene Fellowship, The Lyle Mamer Fellowship, and The LouisanMamer Fellowship. These fellowships are available annually to females who are pursuing advanced degrees (beyond a bachelor’s degree), which will lead to careers in the utility industry or allied fields.The Women’s International Network of Utility Professionals (WiNUP) will provide total $3,500 award amount in their three fellowships.
The Women’s International Network of Utility Professionals (WiNUP) was founded in 1923 — known then as the Electrical Women’s Round Table — by women for women. We exist to professionally and personally support our members in the utility business. It is an organization providing a link for developing and recognizing professionals involved with utility business trends, issues, products, and services.
- The applicant must be accepted to a regionally or nationally accredited university.
- The applicant must be females pursuing advanced degrees(beyond a bachelor’s degree)in the utility industry or allied fields.
- Relevant fields must relate to a career in a utility related profession such as engineering, business administration, accounting, environmental sciences, communication, information technologies, and so on.
How to Apply:
In order to apply the applicant can download the application form go through the given link: http://media.wix.com/ugd/8b50dd_725907cf38274ce680fb358b7ab2010c.docx?dn=Fellowship%20Application%20from%20Intl%20WiNUP%20Guidelines%20Dec%202015.docx
- Two letters of reference
- Applicant statement – Attach a paragraph explaining:
- Why you are interested in furthering your education.
- How you expect to contribute to the field of energy after completion of your studies.
- Financial status: explain in a brief paragraph, how your college education was financed? Include a paragraph of estimated expenses.
Mail all information, including requested supporting documents, in a single envelope to:
Women’s International Network of Utility Professionals
P.O. Box 64
Grove City, OH 43123
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The fellowships are awarded annually to students pursuing post-graduate degrees which will lead to careers in the utility industry or allied fields.
- The Julia Kiene Fellowship is a grant of $2,000 annually.
- The Lyle Mamer Fellowship, a $1,000 annual grant
- The LouisanMamer Fellowship is a grant of $500 annually.
Applications must be postmarked by May 1, 2018, to be eligible for awards for the 2018/2019 academic year. Fellowship funds will be paid directly to your university. Winners will be notified by June 30 of each year.
Link for More Information:
If there are questions, contact WiNUP at winup.claudia-at-gmail.com