The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) is pleased to announce Whitman Center Fellowship. The fellowship provides opportunity for USA students, early stage investigators, women, and minorities. The Whitman Center offers access to state-of-the-art instrumentation, availability of model freshwater, marine organisms and modern laboratory facilities. Eligible Fellows will be provided with one cottage for up to 10 weeks.
The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) was founded in 1888. The MBL is a private, nonprofit institution and is affiliate of the University of Chicago.
- Eligible applicants must hold appointments at accredited universities; colleges or research institutions anywhere in the world, Researchers who have received Whitman Center Fellowships more than twice previously are not eligible.
- The Marine Biological Laboratory is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of its research community.
- Applicants who are not US citizens or resident aliens should contact MBL’s foreign national office (visas-at-mbl.edu) for guidance and not rely on visa advice from their current institution.
How to Apply:
To apply for a Whitman Center Fellowship, applicants must fill the given application form.The link is: http://www.mbl.edu/research/research-awards/whitman-fellowships/apply-for-an-mbl-research-award/
- If you had any laboratory experience, a brief written report of your research is due on October 1st.
- You must commit to acknowledging this award and citing the MBL in any publications, grant proposals, seminar or meeting presentations, or other written products of this research.
- You are expected to give a short 15- to 20-minute presentation about your research to other awardees and interested scientists if you are here during the summer.
- These are held weekly at lunchtime and are scheduled by the Office of Research Administration & Programs based on your availability.
- If eligible, each Fellow will be provided with one cottage for up to 10 weeks.
- If the MBL Housing Policy considers you ineligible for a cottage (based upon the number of people staying with you), then an equivalent amount will be applied to alternative on-campus housing (e.g., dormitory accommodations).
Completed application packet is due by 11:59 pm EST, December 15, 2015.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions about the application, the fellowships, or the process, you can email to the Office of Research Administration & Programs at researchprograms-at-mbl.edu, or call 508-289-7173.