The Wexner Foundation is pleased to announce Wexner Graduate Fellowships to exceptional candidates with a strong personal commitment to the Jewish community. The mission of the Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program is to promote excellence in Jewish professional leadership. Wexner Graduate Fellowships are awarded to 20 outstanding individuals who seek to prepare themselves through graduate training for careers in the Cantorate, Jewish Education, Jewish Professional Leadership, Jewish Studies, and the Rabbinate.
The Wexner Foundation focuses on the development of Jewish professional and volunteer leaders in North America, and public leaders in Israel.
To apply for the Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program, you must be:
- Entering the first or second year of a full-time degree-granting graduate program starting in the summer or fall of 2017, based in North America that will position you to pursue a career as a Jewish professional leader in North America.
- A citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico, or have documentation that allows you to study and to work in that country.
- Between the ages of 21 and 40 upon entering a graduate program.
How to Apply:
- Anyone interested in applying to the Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program must complete an eligibility form (to be made available in September 2016).
- Once eligibility is confirmed, access will be granted to the full online application form.
- Wexner Graduate Fellows and Davidson Scholars pursuing careers in the Rabbinate, Cantorate, Jewish Professional Leadership, and Jewish Education will be awarded up to $30,000 each year for a two-year term, with the possibility to renew for a third year (Fellows and Scholars who are receiving funding through Jim Joseph Foundation-sponsored initiatives as part of their graduate programs will receive $20,000 per year)
- Wexner Graduate Fellows pursuing careers in Jewish Studies will be expected to secure funding through their graduate programs (generally from the university itself) and will, also, receive $10,000 annually from the Foundation
Applications will be due Friday, January 20, 2017, at 10:00 AM (EST).
Link for More Information:
You can contact Stefanie Zelkind, Director of the Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program at szelkind-at-wexner.net.