The Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) is now offering theWYSL scholarship fund. The scholarship is open to all graduating high school seniors who plans to attend a University, College or Trade School in the fall and have a minimum overall academic average of 80%. Through the scholarship, the Board of Directors of theWYSL is to provide financial assistance to students who have participated in the Westchester Youth Soccer League for at least five seasons. The program will provide over $30,000 to thirty winning candidates for their education.
The Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) was established in 1977 as a non-profit, educational organization, Affiliated with US Club Soccer and the US Soccer Federation.The mission of the League is to foster the physical, mental, and emotional character development of youth by providing a safe, organized, fair and competitive game playing opportunities for our players.
To be eligible to apply for a Westchester Youth Soccer League Scholarship, all applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior the year of the application
- Have a minimum overall academic average of 80%
- Plan on attending a university, college or trade school in the fall following graduation
- Have participated in the Westchester Youth Soccer League for at least five (5) seasons.
Participation need not have been in successive seasons but should include at least one season of participation during the applicant’s junior or senior year of High School
- Have been involved in extracurricular school activities and/or community service.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application through the given link: http://www.wyslsoccer.org/_files/S17WYSL2015SCHOLARSHIPS-1-3.pdf
With the application, the applicant must have included the following:
- Senior/Graduation Photo
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current transcript with SAT/ACT scores
- Brief resume
- Essay of 250 to 500 words on “How Soccer Has Affected or Influenced My Life”
Applicants must submit all necessary materials with the complete application in one package by email to ldargenio-at-wyslsoccer.org.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The program has helped some thirty graduating seniors continue their education by awarding over $30,000 in scholarships.
All applications must be completed and received no later than June 16, 2017.
Link for More Information: