If you are student interested public policy advertising, apply now for the Washington Media Fellowship Program. With the Media Fellows Program, the Washington Media Scholars Foundation recognizes enthusiastic and qualified students by awarding several scholarships each academic year. The Media Fellows Program provides scholarships to students who are pursuing a career in a field related to public policy media strategy, research, and management. The program supports the academic development of undergraduates dedicated to pursuing a career related to the public policy advertising industry each academic year. The foundation provides annually a minimum of $50,000 depending on the funds available and the demonstrated need of applicants.
BASED “Inside the Beltway” the non-partisan 501(c)(3) Washington Media Scholars Foundation (WMSF) provides the opportunity for college students to gain firsthand knowledge of the public policy advertising field, and to meet and potentially work for leaders in the media industry.
How to Apply:
To apply for the fellowship, the applicant can register through the given link: http://www.mediascholars.org/register/
- Biographical Information. University, expected graduation date, major(s), minor(s), and related extracurricular activities.
- Statement of Financial Need. Explain your need for assistance.
- Planned Course Load. List the courses relevant to your future career that you intend to take in the upcoming academic year.
- Career Goals. Describe your career goals. Explain how your academic plan and work/internship experience boosts your ability to achieve your goals.
- Statement of Affirmation. (in addition to the 500-word essay).With the submission of a proposal, applicants affirm that the information within their application is correct to the best of their knowledge; and that the submission of the application does not guarantee that a financial award will be given to them. They also acknowledge that the scholarship is contingent upon completion of the course load as described within the application documents, and if the designated courses are not completed or passed, they must return a portion or all of the funds awarded. No persons are qualified for a scholarship if he/she has previously received a scholarship from the Washington Media Scholars Foundation.
- One Letter of Recommendation: One letter from a professor, advisor or other home university official OR from a mentor or previous employer who can attest to your enthusiasm and ability to have a successful career in the media industry. The signer of your letter should be available for contact via phone or email should the Washington Media Scholars Foundation need to verify any statements made.
- Application documents should be sent via email to Info-at-mediascholars.org
- Write “Strategic Media Fellows Application” in the subject line.
- Each calendar year, the foundation aims to distribute a minimum of $50,000 depending on the funds available to them for distribution and the demonstrated need of applicants.
- In 2016, The Washington Media Scholars Foundation distributed a total of $74,000 in scholarship awards to 59 students. Through the Media Fellows program, they have helped 258 students from across the United States.
- Applications for the summer distribution (prior to the Fall 2017 semester) are due by 11:59 p.m. EST on July 14, 2017.
- The Washington Media Scholars Foundation will contact finalists for a phone interview before the distributions are announced.