The Robert Penn Warren Center for the Humanities is offering Warren Center Graduate Student Fellows Program. Student who belong to the field of humanity and qualitative social sciences in the College of Arts and Science, are considered to be eligible. Stipend of $24,250 amount will be awarded to the selected candidates.
The Robert Penn Warren Center has started its first program in January 1988 under the sponsorship of the College of Arts and Science. The center provides opportunity for faculty members in different disciplines and with related research and teaching interests to learn and study with each other.
- The competition is open to those students in the humanities and qualitative social sciences in the College of Arts and Science whose dissertation director and Director of Graduate Studies approves a timetable for the dissertation’s completion by August 2017.
- One fellowship is funded by the American Studies Program and hence is designated to support a graduate student whose dissertation research is in the area of American Studies.
How to Apply:
Online application form is available on the given link: https://forms.vanderbilt.edu/view.php?id=460772
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae.
- A dissertation description of no more than five single-spaced pages, including an account of the dissertation’s original contribution to the field.
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from the dissertation director) that address the candidate’s qualifications for the award and his or her ability to finish the dissertation during the fellowship year. The letter writers may also wish to address how the candidate’s work would fit into an interdisciplinary graduate student seminar. Letters should be sent directly to the Warren Center by the recommenders.
- A completed recommendation form.
Each award will include tuition, student health insurance coverage, a stipend of $24,250, a research budget of $2,000, and affiliation with the Robert Penn Warren Center for the Humanities.
January 29, 2016 is deadline of Warren Center Graduate Student Fellows Program.
Link for More Information:
For any questions, please contact the Warren Center’s executive director, Mona Frederick, at mona.frederick-at-vanderbilt.edu, or 615-343-6060.