The Iowa Credit Union Foundation (ICUF) is pleased to announce the start of its Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship program consists of two types of scholarships as High School Scholarship and Post-High School Scholarship. ICUF promotes the Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship program to encourage high school seniors and post-high school students to learn about credit unions and to prepare them for future challenges. $5,750 scholarship amount will be given to six Iowa students.
Iowa Credit Union Foundation (ICUF) was founded in 1995. The mission of ICUF is to help Iowans build wealth, responsibility and independence, with the vision to eliminate poverty in the state of Iowa.
- Entrants must have an account established in his or her own name and be a “member in good standing” at a credit union that is a member of the Iowa Credit Union League.
- The high school scholarship is open to any high school senior with a projected graduation year of 2016.
- The post-high school scholarship is open to any adult student who is entering or attending an accredited undergraduate, graduate or vocational program.
- Only one entry per applicant. More than one entry will result in disqualification.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply on-line for High School Scholarship through the given link:
- Postsecondary Students can apply for Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship by the below link:
Applicants are also required to answer the following question in no more than 500 words. Essay questions are designed to encourage learning about the credit union movement and its mission.
- What are the long term benefits education will have on your financial independence and well-being? How can your credit union play a role in your financial future?
- The high school scholarship competition will award a total of $3,750 to four students. The first place prize is $1,500, second place is $1,000, third place is $750 and fourth place is $500.
- The Post-High School Scholarship competition will award two $1,000 scholarships.
The deadline for applications is midnight February 7, 2016.
Link for more Information: