The Walmart Foundation offers the Walmart Associate Scholarship Program that is provided by Scholarship America on behalf of the Walmart Foundation. The scholarship is available to employees participating in Walmart’s Lifelong Learning Program through American Public University and for associates pursuing postsecondary education at an institution of higher education. The program is intended for associates who have earned a high school/home school diploma or GED. The maximum funding amount is $16,000 for the winners over a time span of six years.
The Walmart Foundation’s mission is to create opportunities so their employees can live better. Walmart is committed to helping people advance through addressing community needs and enhancing avenues for education, workforce development, environmental sustainability, and health and wellness. The company also supports disaster relief efforts, veterans and military families, individuals with disabilities, and the underserved.
Associates are required to meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be employed part-time or full-time with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months before the application deadline for the award period in which the associate is applying.
- Must have graduated high school/home school, obtained a GED, or be a graduating high school senior who plans to enroll in a college or university upon graduation.
- If applying as a graduating high school senior, must wait to apply until you are within six months of beginning your college courses.
- Must have a monetary need and be able to demonstrate the need with the required documents. (Note: Associates with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees and on-campus room and board are not eligible.)
- Academic requirement- an associate must have graduated high school/home school or obtained a GED prior to applying, or a graduating high school senior who is within six months of starting a college course.
What Are The Different Of Walmart Scholarship Options?
Walmart offers two options to their employees and who can’t afford to go to college—they also offer it to the employee’s families. The good thing is, if you’re awarded one of the scholarships, you can continue your degree without reapplying.
The Associate Walmart Scholarship
The Associate Walmart scholarship is open to company employees who have a high school diploma or GED, a U.S. or legal resident, and have worked for Walmart for six consecutive months before the submission deadline.
The award can be extended for up to six years, or until degree program expires—whichever comes first. Your level of funding is dependant upon your enrollment status and the school you’re going to.
The Dependent Walmart Scholarship
This particular scholarship is for the dependents of Walmart employees, and the family members must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal resident. Furthermore, the dependents should have a high school diploma or GED, and have been with the company for at least six months before the submission deadline.
Luckily, the award is renewable and can be used up four years of full-time enrollment on a continual basis. The maximum award limit is $13,000 per degree program and it’s distributed $1,625 at a time.
Tips To Help You Get Educational Funding From Walmart
When you submit your application, it’s your time to shine and explain any special circumstances you might have. Also, first-generation college students are most likely to win the scholarship. Here’s what you can do to stand out:
Talk about the financial challenges you’ve faced in the past. You don’t want to be too depressing with your story, but explain how the scholarship can be helpful to you and your family.
Discuss how difficult your hardships have been for you. Believe it or not, your back story is impressive to the evaluation committee. A person who has overcome struggles and has a desire to pursue their career goals is the perfect candidate.
How To Use The Award Money
If you’re chosen for a Walmart Scholarship, you will have to send in a Scholarship Acceptance Agreement before funds are distributed. Afterwards, the check will be mailed to your school and put towards costs for tuition, books, room, and board on campus, and other fees.
The Associate and Dependent scholarship money should be used at an accredited school and can’t be used for military academies.
How to Apply:
- To apply for the scholarship, candidates should register themselves at this link : https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fWALASSC
- Access your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome Page of the Walmart Associate Scholarship application.
- Complete all the necessary fields in the online application and upload your financial documentation.
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Funding Limits per Walmart Fiscal Year (Feb. 1- Jan. 31)
Certificate Program (Undergraduate or graduate): Up to $1500 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
Associates’ Degree: Up to $2000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
Bachelor’s Degree: Up to $3000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
Graduate Degree: Up to $2000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, e-mail at walmartassociate-at-applyISTS.com, phone: (800) 311-6823 or online contact form: http://www.applyISTS.com/contact-us/contact-us-customer-care/
Final Thoughts On The Walmart Scholarship
There aren’t too many companies that go the extra mile for their employees. It’s so awesome that Walmart values its workers enough to care about their education. So, if you are employed by them, it’s wise to take advantage of the opportunity. Not to mention that it’s awesome that you only have to work at Walmart for six months before possibly being eligible for the scholarship—it’s perfect! If you have a dream of achieving secondary education and you work for Walmart, don’t let this chance pass you by!