The Virgin Islands Association of Georgia is happy to announce VIAG Scholarship. The Scholarship is designed to assist recent high school graduates students who are entering their first-year of an undergraduate or vocational program. Two (2) awards in the amount of $250 each will be given to the deserving candidate.
The Virgin Islands Association of Georgia (VIAG) was founded in 2012 as a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization based in Greater Atlanta, Georgia.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a graduate of a high school in the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix or Water Island) or the British Virgin Islands (Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jos Van Dyke) or be a child of a VIAG member
- Have received a letter of acceptance and have plans to enroll FULL-TIME in an undergraduate program or a vocational program during the 2015-2016 academic year
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
- Most recent official transcript issued from your High School. Copies or Web printouts are not accepted
- Two letters of recommendation (teacher, advisor, employer/supervisor, counselor or other individual who can speak to your character, learning proficiency, values and goals) submitted in a sealed envelope with recommenders initials signed across the seal. Recommendations from family members are not permitted
- One page (sized 8 ½ x 11, single space, one side only) typed essay highlighting academic and career goals and addressing the topic of how your education (supported by this scholarship) will influence the Virgin Islands
- Proof of acceptance from an institution of learning for the 2015-2016 academic year
- Copy of SAT or other standardized scores (not required for applicants to vocational programs)
The completed application packet can be submitted at the given address:
VIAG Scholarship Committee
PO Box 361073
Decatur, GA 30036
Two (2) awards in the amount of $250 each will be awarded to the winning candidates.
The application deadline is September 15, 2015.
Link for More Information: