The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is thrilled to announce its USP Global Fellowship Program to doctoral and post-doctoral students. The fellowship is intended to advance new research contributing to innovative or updated quality standards for chemical and biological medicines, excipients, dietary supplements, herbal medicines, healthcare quality, and food ingredients. Fellowship awards amount up to $50,000 will be given to the winning candidate. The majority of the award is to be used as a stipend for the Global Fellow in accordance with the prevailing policies of the institution.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide.
- Applicants must:
- Have been accepted for full-time study in a Ph.D. or Pharm.D. program, or medical or dental school or
- Have been awarded a postdoctoral research (non-faculty) appointment
- Non-U.S. applicants must have a background in standards and currently be enrolled in an equivalent educational program. International students must possess the appropriate visa required to participate in the Global Fellowship Program. USP will not assist students to obtain a visa for this purpose. USP may require proof of visa status as a condition of offering a Fellowship to a student.
- Applicants for Global Fellowships may not currently be in receipt of funds from USP, or directly or indirectly under contract with USP, even if the activity is unrelated to the applicant’s research proposal.
How to Apply:
Applying for the fellowship program, the candidates must complete the application form. You can download it from the given link:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal (three-page maximum)
- Official transcripts
- Progress report (for renewal applications)
You can submit the application along with supporting documents to Linda Stelling at ljs-at-usp.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Fellowship awards may be made in any amount up to $50,000 to the winning candidate. The majority of the award is to be used as a stipend for the Global Fellow in accordance with the prevailing policies of the institution. The remainder may be utilized for any tuition, travel, research, clerical help, or equipment necessary to carry out the purposes of the award.
Application deadline for 2016-2017 fellowships is October 28, 2016.
Link for More Information:
Contact Linda Stelling, Program Coordinator, and International Regulatory Affairs, at ljs-at-usp.org.