The University of New Mexico, under the support of the Division for Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is inviting applicants for Inclusive Excellence Doctoral/Postdoctoral Fellowship. The purpose of the Inclusive Excellence Postdoctoral Fellowship is to provide insight and training in diversity and inclusion work in higher education for recent PhD graduates.
Division for Equity and Inclusion (DEI) believes in the residual value of equity and fosters a climate where fairness, impartiality, and justice are a main staple in the relationships between and among people of all backgrounds within UNM’s social and professional settings.
To be considered eligible for the scholarship, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- The fellowship is targeted for African American, American Indian, or Hispanic doctoral degree recipients
- Any doctoral degree recipients whose teaching, research, and service contribute to diversity in any academic discipline are encouraged to apply.
- Doctoral students at the latter stages of their dissertation completion or recent PhD graduates may apply.
- Confirmed doctorate or terminal degree before the beginning of the fellowship appointment, but no more than five (5) years past since graduation.
- While all degree areas are accepted, the successful candidate will exhibit a commitment to diversity and inclusion through his/her research, scholarship, teaching, and service.
- Strong research and inquiry skill set in qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods.
How to Apply:
The candidates can apply either on-line or off- line for the fellowship.
Two (2) awards will be made each year by the scholarship program. Fellows will receive a stipend of $40,000 per year, extra benefits and research or travel support of $1,000.
The application deadline is August 1, 2015.
Link for More Information: