Promise Scholarship is being offered by University of Minnesota. Candidates applying for Promise Scholarship should be classified as a resident of Minnesota according to University regulations, or be eligible for the Minnesota Dream Act. Aim of the given scholarship is to help Minnesota resident undergraduates with a family income of up to $100,000. The Scholarship freshman will receive award ranging from $750 – $4000 each year for four years.
The University of Minnesota is a public research university located in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. The University of Minnesota supports admitted eligible Minnesota residents who enroll at one of the University’s five campuses and provide them with access to a great University of Minnesota education.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be classified as a resident of Minnesota according to University regulations, or be eligible for the Minnesota Dream Act.
- Complete the FAFSA. They recommend you do this by March 1 the spring before you enroll.
- Enroll full-time, taking at least 13 credits a semester, in a baccalaureate degree program at the University of Minnesota.
- Be enrolling at the University of Minnesota for the first time as a degree-seeking student.
- Be working on your first undergraduate degree. (Students who have already received an undergraduate degree are not eligible for a U Promise Scholarship).
- Have a family income up to $100,000.
How to Apply:
- There is not a separate U Promise Scholarship application. Residents of Minnesota who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will automatically be considered for the University of Minnesota Promise Scholarship.
- If you are interested in applying go through the given link: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Winner of Promise scholarship will receive:
- There is no limit to the number of students who can benefit from the University of Minnesota Promise Scholarship, all new, incoming Minnesota residents who meet the eligibility requirements are guaranteed a U Promise Scholarship.
- U Promise Scholarship freshman awards range from $750 – $4000 each year for four years. Transfer student scholarship awards range from $820 – $2000 each year for two years. Higher awards are provided to students with greater financial need.
Interested applicants can apply on or before March 1.
Link for more information:
For more information related to the given scholarship contact 612-625-5000