The Unity Technologies Company wants to provide an opportunity to enrolled graduate students to go beyond, and work on relevant and applied research related to games, and enable them to bring this research back to their schools and communities of practice.” Hence they are pleased to announced Unity Labs’ new Global Research Fellowship Program. In order to apply, the applicant must be a student as an individual enrolled at an accredited institution in a master’s level, Ph.D. program or equivalent. The aim of the fellowship program is to support graduate researchers working on research challenges in Machine Learning for video games.Unity will award two fellowships of $60,000 amount. Each fellow will receive a total stipend of $30,000 USD.
Unity Technologies is a name synonymous the video game development as its Unity engine is widely used across the world creating the latest titles whether they’re standard PC/console, virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) projects. Unity is a breakthrough development platform for creating high-quality 3D interactive entertainment content including video games, training simulations and medical and architectural visualizations.
In order to participate in the program, the applicant must
- Be 18 years of age or older by June 26, 2017, to be eligible to participate in the 2017 Unity Global Graduate Fellowship Program.
- Be eligible and authorized to work in the country of your fellowship.
- Be a student. Unity defines a student as an individual enrolled at an accredited institution in a master’s level, Ph.D. program or equivalent.
- Eligibility is based on enrollment in an accredited institution by June 26, 2017.
- May be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student.
- If you have applied machine learning experience in a related field then you are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Unity Fellowship, the applicant can submit online application through the given link: http://create.unity3d.com/Unity-Global-Graduate-Fellowship-Program
Students should be prepared, upon request:
- Transcripts- to provide Unity with transcripts from their accredited institution as proof of enrollment or admission status. Official transcripts not required- a photocopy of the original is sufficient.
- Evidence Satisfactory- As a condition of eligibility, students must provide evidence satisfactory to Unity Technologies ApS that it will receive full ownership to all intellectual property developed in connection with the fellowship.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement – Applicants will be required to sign a standard non-disclosure agreement in favor of Unity Technologies ApS.
- An Intellectual property assignment agreement- Fellows will be required to sign an intellectual property assignment agreement in favor of Unity Technologies ApS for the intellectual property developed in connection with the fellowship.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Two graduate research fellows will then be selected to work for 6 months – plus they’ll receive a $30,000 USD grant – on research related to state-of-the-art Machine Learning algorithms for interactive entertainment content authoring.
- Unity will provide a total stipend of $60,000 USD. The award of the fellowship and payment of its accompanying stipend is subject to local legislation in the country which the Fellow resides.
The applications for the 2017 Unity Global Graduate Fellowship Program is due on September 9, 2017, at 12:00 Midnight PST.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question or inquiries, contact at research-at-unity3d.com