UCSF Clinical Fellowship created by The University of California, San Francisco’s (UCSF) Osher Center for Integrative Medicine.To be applying for the fellowship applicants must have successfully completed an accredited residency program at a U.S. or Canadian institution and must be PGY 4 or above. This one-year program is designed to prepare physicians for academic careers in integrative medicine. Its mission is to train highly skilled, compassionate, and innovative leaders. Fellows will receive Salary and benefits at the PGY 4 UCSF post-graduate level and will include the UCSF housing stipend and any more.
In existence since 1998, the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is a premier integrative health resource for the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. The first program of its kind to offer fully developed programs in research, education and patient care, the Osher Center is meeting the needs of patients who seek a healing-oriented approach to health care.
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Must have successfully completed an accredited residency program at a U.S. or Canadian institution.
- Applicants must also be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
- Must be PGY 4 or above.
How to Apply:
Al applicants must upload the following documents
- An updated curriculum vitae
- A personal statement that addresses the following areas:
- A brief summary of pertinent background information that may not be apparent from the CV, such as how the applicant became interested in Integrative Medicine and any prior training in Integrative Medicine:
- The applicant’s educational goals for the fellowship (e.g., develop expertise in mind-body practices and nutrition);
- The applicant’s current professional goals following the fellowship, and how completing the fellowship will help to achieve them; and
- For applicants interested in additional research training, a brief summary of the applicant’s research experience and research interests.
- Three letters of reference. If the applicant has recently completed residency, at least one reference must be from the applicant’s residency program leadership (program director or associate program director).
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Medical school transcripts (can be unofficial)
- USMLE scores
Submit all documents by e-mail at joe.cook-at-ucsf.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Salary and benefits will be provided at the PGY 4 UCSF post-graduate level and will include the UCSF housing stipend.
- In addition to salary, all fellows receive medical insurance, disability insurance, and discounted membership to the Millberry Union, which includes a newly renovated health and fitness center.
- All fellows receive an educational fund to support scholarly activities, such as travel to a national conference.
Application deadline for the Fellowship is October 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information, please contact Joe Cook at joe.cook-at-ucsf.edu or 415-514-8692.