The Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (TUSA) wants to create closer friendships and understanding between the people of the United States and the people of Taiwan. To accomplish the objective, it is offering a unique Ambassador Scholarship program to college/university undergraduate/graduate students who are interested in studying Mandarin (Chinese) language and learning about Taiwanese culture. Upon returning to the United States, students will be expected to act as ambassadors of good will for both the United States and Taiwan whenever the opportunity presents itself.
The Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (TUSA) is registered with the Secretary of State of Arkansas. It is a tax exempt non-profit, non-governmental organization, subject to the laws of both Arkansas and the United States of America.
- Only citizens of the United States can apply.
- A U.S. passport is essential for traveling abroad. You should apply for your passport at least 3 months before departure, if you don’t already have one.
- Ideal applicants are American citizens who neither hold a Taiwan passport nor claim Taiwanese or Chinese heritage and who fall into the following category of eligibility:
- You must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an institution of higher education in the United States, and
- You must have a GPA at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- You also must be of good moral character, as judged by those who recommend you. All levels of Chinese (Mandarin) proficiency are acceptable, there is no requirement of prior language experience.
How to Apply:
You can apply on-line for TUSA Summer Ambassador Scholarship by using the given link:
- Upload a copy of your student I.D. to the online TUSA application form
- Two letters of recommendation [preferably from your professors] uploaded to recommendation form.
NT $25,000 (U.S. $800) per month will be awarded to each scholarship recipient. This stipend is to cover tuition, dormitory fees, four off-campus excursions, and incidental insurance. Meals and dormitory electricity costs are not included, and you must provide airfare to/from Taiwan.
All required documents must be at our office no later than February 15, 2016 for an early admission decision, and by March 31, 2016 for final consideration.
Link for More Information:
Your questions may be submitted by using the given link of contact form: