Tuesday Musical Club is excited to announce the scholarship program. The scholarship is open for High School students who love music and have subjects related to music. The Auditions will be held Friday May 20, 2016. Preliminary screening for the Scholarship will be done by CD (current Tuesday Musical Club Scholarship recipients do not need to submit a CD).
Tuesday Musical Club, founded in 1889, is a non-profit, small arts organization. It provides free daytime public concerts of classical and contemporary music, scholarships for music students and performance opportunities for members.
- The Tuesday Musical Club Scholarship is available to anyone of exceptional musical talent who is a senior in High School (or its equivalent) or who has not reached the age of 25 by the time of auditions.
- Applicant’s family must have maintained legal residence within a 50 mile radius of Pittsburgh for not less than one year immediately prior to date of auditions.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply a second time for a total of four years on the scholarship program.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the scholarship application form. Scholarships are offered every two years. The next auditions will be held May 20, 2016. The application form will be available.
Audition materials that include an application form, a $25.00 application fee, a CD and two references concerning musical ability.
Repertoire guidelines for CD and Audition:
- Your program should include a contrast in repertoire from at least two different style periods.
- All music at the audition should be performed from memory, with the exception of chamber works.
- Please provide an accompanist of comparable ability for both your application CD AND audition.
- Audition CDs should be no less than 10 minutes in length. Actual audition time will be approximately fifteen minutes and portions of all repertoires will be heard.
The complete application packet must be returned to:
Tuesday Musical Club
Stephen Foster Memorial
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA, 15260
The application deadline is April 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: