Tree Research and Education Endowment (TREE) Fund is proud to announce the Horace M. Thayer Scholarship Program. The program is open to all students who are enrolled in a major, minor, option, or program related to the practice of arboriculture and urban forestry at an accredited college or university. The program provides financial support for university and college students through scholarships to foster a greater appreciation of shade trees and promote the science and practice of professional arboriculture in Pennsylvania and Delaware. The winners will get up to $2,000 award amount.
Tree Research and Education Endowment (TREE) Fund is a 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to support scientific discovery and dissemination of new knowledge in the fields of arboriculture (the science of cultivating and managing trees in a landscape) and urban forestry. TREE Fund is shaping the future of trees and the arboriculture profession.
- Returning to the second year of a two- or four-year program at an accredited college or university
- Applicants must be enrolled in a major, minor, option, or program related to the practice of arboriculture and urban forestry at an accredited college or university.
- Resident of Pennsylvania or Delaware
- 5 GPA minimum
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can create an account through the given link: https://app.wizehive.com/apps/tfthayer2017
You will need the following to complete the online application:
- Educational standing and enrollment status
- History of scholarships and extracurricular activities
- Essay describing relevant subjects currently being studies, which subjects are the most enjoyable and why, any experience in arboriculture or urban forestry, and how you intend to make a career in this field (maximum 1000 words)
- Current transcript
- Proof of Pennsylvania or Delaware residency (copy of current driver’s license, state ID, or utility bill dated within 30 days of application submission)
- Two letters of recommendation or contact information for people who will provide them (must be from advisors or teachers connected with the relevant course work or program)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship award amounts are $2,000 each. The award is non-renewable but can be applied for annually. All awards will be paid directly to the educational institution attended by the recipient in two equal payments.
The applications are due on June 1, 2017, and recipients will be notified within two weeks of the Board’s award decision.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, email bduke-at-treefund.org or call 630-369-8300 x200.