Want to win $4,000 in prizes? Participate in 24th annual Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest that is sponsored by Winning Writers. Submit as many stories and essays as you like. All themes are accepted. Entries may be published or unpublished. The contest is open for international writers. They will award $1,500 each for the top story and the top essay. Ten Honorable Mentions will receive $100 each (any category). The top 12 entries will be published online.
Winning Writers finds and creates quality resources for poets and writers. They are one of the “101 Best Websites for Writers” (Writer’s Digest, 2015) and one of the “100 Best Websites for Writers” (The Write Life, 2016).
Writers of all ages and nations may enter in the Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest.
How to Apply:
- Fee: $18 per entry
- Interested candidate can submit on-line stories and essays on any theme, up to 6,000 words each, to be entered in contest. The link is: https://winningwriters.com/our-contests/tom-howard-john-h-reid-fiction-essay-contest-standard
- Upload your entry in one of these formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf or .txt.Your name should not appear in this file. Type size: Use 12 points or larger. Double-spacing is recommended for prose
- Short stories, essays or other works of prose
- There are no restrictions on style or theme
- Each entry should be your own original work
- You may submit the same work simultaneously to this contest and to others, and you may submit works that have been published or won prizes elsewhere
- Fiction Category: first prize, $1,500 cash
- Essay Category: first prize, $1,500 cash
- Ten Honorable Mention entries will receive $100 cash each (any category)
- All entries that win cash prizes will be published on the Winning Writers website and announced in the Winning Writers Newsletter (circulation 50,000+). Finalists may also be recognized.
Contest submission period begins on October 15, 2015 and ends on April 30, 2016.
Link for More Information: