Want to win a $1,500 college scholarship! The 2016 Caring for Our Community campaign kicks off the year with the Tom Holden Memorial Scholarship Contest. The contest is open to junior and senior High School students in Mahoning, Columbiana, Trumbull and Mercer counties. They will also award a $100 prize to the five runners up and each will be highlighted in a commercial throughout the month of March on WKBN 27.
- The contest is open to all WKBN 27 listeners/viewers who are at least 13 years old and are juniors and seniors in High School
- Legally reside in Mahoning, Columbiana, Trumbull or Mercer counties.
- Employees of WKBN 27 (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Youngstown – Warren and Western Pennsylvania metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
How to Apply:
- To be applying for scholarship contest, completely fill out the entry form, including your typed script for your PSA and hit submit. The link is: http://wkbn.com/2016/01/06/tom-holden-memorial-scholarship-contest-2016/
- The candidates must create a Public Service Announcement (PSA) for a local nonprofit organization on the list provided.
- You can view the list of organizations and their focus by the given link: https://lintvwkbn.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/non-profit-organization-return-list-2016-sheet11.pdf
The WKBN 27 Caring for Our Community Tom Holden Memorial Scholarship Contest will award the following prizes:
- Grand Prize$1500.00 College Scholarship
- 1stRunner Up $100.00 Amazon Gift Card
- 2ndRunner Up $100.00 Amazon Gift Card
- 3rdRunner Up $100.00 Amazon Gift Card
- 4thRunner Up $100.00 Amazon Gift Card
- 5thRunner Up $100.00 Amazon Gift Card
The Grand Prize winner (1) will also receive an engraved award (ARV $80.00). Each Runner Up (5) will receive an honorary plaque (ARV $10.00). All winners (6) will receive a gift basket including promotional items from WKBN 27 and the sponsor partners of the Caring for Our Community campaign (ARV $30).
The WKBN 27 Caring for Our Community Tom Holden Memorial Scholarship contest will begin on January 6, 2016 at 8AM and end on February 8, 2016 at 11:59PM.
Link for More Information: