The Wellcome Trust is pleased to offer Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine. The fellowship provides opportunity for students belonging to a nation of a low- and middle-income country. Aim of the fellowship is to support junior researchers to gain research experience and high-quality research training at Master’s degree level. Fellows will receive 30 months support, stipend amount and travel costs masters training by distance learning.
The Wellcome Trust is an independent global charitable foundation. The Trust indented to improve health, because good health makes life better and combines the ability to act swiftly with long-term ambition.
Eligible candidates must possess the following qualities:
- A national of a low- and middle-income country, and hold a first degree in subject relevant to tropical medicine or public health (clinical or non-clinical). You can search low- and middle-income country through the given link http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Funding/Biomedical-science/Application-information/WTX033620.htm
- At an early stage in your career, with limited research experience, but have a demonstrated interest in or aptitude for research.
How to Apply:
In order to apply interested candidates can register themselves through the given link: https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- A Fellowship normally provides up to 30 months support.
- A period of 12 months should normally be dedicated to undertaking a taught Master’s course at a recognized centre of excellence, combined with up to 18 months to undertake a research project.
- While undertaking a Master’s course, Fellows will receive:
- A stipend.Stipends are coasted based on the Trust’s Masters students scales, determined by the location of the course (Inside London* – £17 000 per year; UK Outside London – £15 000 per year; Outside the UK – applicants are advised to check with the prospective training institution regarding living costs; Other – for individual cases where additional funding may be required, e.g. Dependants accompanying the awardees, please contact the Trust for advice).
*Inside London covers institutions within Greater London, for example London Universities.
- Travel costs (e.g. Outward and return airfares)
- Support for approved tuition fees. Master’s course fees will be paid according to the rate charged by the training institution.
- Masters training by distance learning is acceptable.
Deadline of this given fellowships is December 7, 2015.
Link for More Information:
For more information you can contact on the given email address: sciencegrants-at-wellcome.ac.uk