The Tree Centre is accepting application for its quarterly Scholarship Program for currently enrolled high school or college/university student within the United States. The Tree Centre focuses on projects that have a positive impact on our environment. Feel free to submit your creative, outside the box projects as we are very open-minded and get a chance to win $500 scholarship award. The award may be applied to school-related expenses like tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
The Tree Center believes that there’s more to a well-rounded student than showing up and getting good grades. It thinks that creativity is the air each one of us breathes, but too often we get concerned with grades and tests that we forget that imagination is our natural problem solver.
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be an American citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid student visa.
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
- Current Tree Center employees or their immediate family members are not eligible to apply
How to Apply:
To be considered for scholarship, you must upload an essay, letter of recommendation, and photo of yourself by clicking the Upload Scholarship Documents button and uploading files all at once
- Essay – The essay should describe the goal of the particular project and provide the link to access the content such as the blog, app, etc. (if applicable).
- Letter of Recommendation – The letter should evaluate the quality of the work.
- Photo – The photo should be one taken during project execution.
- Submit your complete application through the given link: http://www.thetreecenter.com/scholarship/
- All essays must be written in English, and poorly composed submissions will be disqualified.
- Submissions must be uploaded in either a Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Personal information submitted will be used solely for the purpose of awarding the scholarship and to announce the winner on The Tree Center’s website.
- The Tree Center reserves the right to publish content from the submitted essays themselves
The applicant of the winning project will receive a one-time scholarship of $500, which may be applied to the following school-related expenses: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
All submission must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the December 20, 2015.
Link for More Information: