The Toptal Scholarships Contest is governed by U.S. law to support aspiring female software engineers. The scholarships provide assistance to women from around the world to help empower them to become top professional software engineers. The selected recipients will receive US$5,000.00 and one year of one-on-one mentorship from a Toptal software engineer.
Toptal was created by engineers. They are entrepreneurs, all passionate about working with top tech talent and exciting companies from all over the world.
- The Scholarships Program is only available to women and girls age 13 and older and individuals who consistently live and identify as women, age 13 and older.
- This is an international Scholarship Program. However, you must be a legal resident or citizen of your country of residence to enter the Scholarship Program.
- The Scholarship Program is not available to any resident or citizen of any country that prohibits the Scholarship Program or that is prohibited by U.S. law (e.g., the Crimea region of the Ukraine, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Syria).
- The Scholarship program is not available to any person listed on any of the following (or similar) lists: Specially Designated Nationals and Consolidated Sanctions Lists (maintained by the O‑ce of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury), the Denied Persons, Entity, and Unverified Lists (maintained by the Bureau of Industry and Security, Toptal Scholarships O‑cial Rules 3 U.S. Department of Commerce) and the Consolidated List of sanctions designations by the United Nations, European Union and United Kingdom.
- Employees, clients, and contractors (including current talent engaged with or through Toptal) of Toptal, LLC as well as other companies involved in the conduct of this Scholarship Program, and any employees, members of the immediate families and households of any such employees and contractors of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter.
- Void where prohibited by law
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form. The link is:
- The Scholarship Program will have up to 12 winners (“winners” or “recipients”)
- Each prize (that is, “award”) consists of (a) US$5,000.00 and (b) one (1) year of software programming-related mentorship by a Toptal designated mentor, who will be an experienced software programmer who works for or with Toptal (the mentorship component has a value of approximately US$5,000.00).
- The mentorship portion of each award will consist of at least forty (40) hours of remote mentorship via telephone or VoIP conversation that will cover dierent aspects of software programming, as determined by the mentor (the “Mentorship Program”)
The Scholarships Program begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on October 21, 2015 and application acceptance ends at 11:59 pm PT on October 14, 2016.
Link for More Information: