The Thomas “Sarge” Johnson Scholarship program is supported by the USA Boxing Foundation. The scholarship provides financial aid for student-athletes who are pursuing post-secondary education (beyond high school). 11 scholarships are given through the program to the deserving candidates.
The USA Boxing Foundation was charted in 1984 with a special grant from the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC). The USA Boxing Foundation (USABF) is the only organization that exists solely to raise funds to support and advance the sport.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship the candidate must:
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Have already completed at least one semester of a post-secondary program
• Have a post-secondary cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
• Be a current USA Boxing member, and have been a member during the last two calendar years
• Have competed in at least two sanctioned bouts this year, and each of the last two calendar years.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
- A complete copy of your passbook (include all pages with writing and the photo page)
- A letter of recommendation from your coach (current or past)
- A non family member’s letter of recommendation
- Al post secondary transcript(s)
- FAFSA information (if you qualify for financial aid)
- A copy of your birth certificate, passport or citizenship paperwork
The completed application along with the supporting material can be send by via mail, email or fax.
- The candidates can email at cthompson-at-usaboxing.org
- The candidates can fax on 719L866L2132
- The candidates can mail to:
Attn: Cam Thompson
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909 Phone: 719L866L2315
11 scholarships will be given to deserving candidates with the following breakdown:
• 2 awards of $2,000 for trade school applicants
• 7 wards of $3,000 for undergraduate program applicants
• 2 awards of $2,500 for graduate school applicants
The application Deadline is September 15th, 2015.
Link for More Information: