The Thomas H. Horton, Jr. Memorial Scholarship has been established by Beaufort Academy. The scholarship is open for B.A. freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. $4,000 award amount will be given for one student to participate in a summer study- abroad program. The scholarship money may only be used to pay for the approved study program tuition and fees.
Beaufort Academy is an independent coeducational college preparatory school serving age 2 through 12th grades. The goal is to instill in students the intellectual curiosity and strength of character for success in all aspects of their lives.
- Each winter, B.A. freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are invited to apply for the annual scholarship
- An applicant must research potential study-abroad opportunities, select the program he/she wishes to attend, and submit a complete application packet (see below) by the application deadline.
- There are no specific requirements as to the location of the program or its subject matter, but applicants are strongly encouraged to select a program that includes at least one course of study in literature or creative writing.
How to Apply:
All interested students must submit the following items, to be entering in scholarship:
- A cover letter (no more than 2 pages typed, double-spaced) addressed to the Scholarship Committee which touches on each of the following:
- What summer abroad program you wish to attend: the location, course of study, and significant details, including cost.
- Why you have chosen the particular program.
- What you wish to take away from the experience.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an individual not employed by, not serving on the Board of, and not attending Beaufort Academy.
- One (1) creative writing sample (may include fiction, poetry, or drama) no more than ten (10) pages typed, double-spaced.
The documents can be mailed to: bbyrne-at-beaufortacademy.org
Up to a $4,000 stipend for one student will be given to participate in a summer study- abroad program.
All interested students must submit the required items to Bethany Byrne by January 29th, 2016.
Link for More Information: