The Yale School of Management is offering a perfect opportunity for college seniors to earn an MBA in three years directly after graduation. The program helps the students move more quickly towards their career goals.
Silver Scholars are chosen for their combination of intelligence and common sense, maturity and curiosity, passion and compassion. The program is looking for college seniors who have the passion for becoming the future leaders in business, government, and nonprofit endeavors.
About the Scholar Program
The Silver Scholars Program was created in 2001 to celebrate Yale University’s tercentennial and and at the occasion of 25th anniversary of Yale SOM. According to Prof. Barry Nalebuff it’s the program is all about giving exceptional students the ability to move quickly toward making an impact.
- Scholars start by spending first year at Yale SOM, developing management skills in the integrated core curriculum
- During the second year, the Scholars will complete a full-time internship. The extended work experience will help them put their business education into practice, develop leadership skills, and give a competitive advantage as pursue a permanent position.
- In third year, the scholar will return to campus for the conclusion of the MBA program, taking electives at Yale SOM and elsewhere at the university in the areas in which scholars are most interested and support their career goals.
How to Apply:
Applicants, who want to apply for the Yale SOM Silver Scholars Program, must complete the on-line application form. The candidates must follow the given criteria:
- Only current college seniors are eligible to apply
- Silver Scholars must provide two letters of recommendation as one letter from an academic instructor and other letter from an employer
- If invited to interview,Silver Scholar applicants have one half-hour interview with one or more members of the Silver Scholars Committee.
- International students are welcome to apply.If undergraduate degree is a three-year course of study, the candidates are eligible to apply in their final year.
- The candidates must list any part-time or summer internship experiences that they would like to highlight for the Silver Scholars Committee
- The applicant must highlight extracurricular activities in which they are involved at their academic institution or with outside organizations
Link for More Information:
Interested candidates can gain the more information about the program through checking the link: http://som.yale.edu/our-programs/mba/admissions/silver-scholars-program#applyingto