The Seneca Organization is offering the Seneca Scholarship to get the future generations who have a better understanding of sustainable forest management.The program is open to a junior or senior in an Oregon high school institution, or a student pursuing a high school diploma or general education degree at an equivalent grade level, and a legal Oregon resident.The aim of the program is to providing a unique opportunity to all students, no matter their demographic, athletic talent or academic standing, the chance to earn a college scholarship with their excellence in research and creativity. The winners will get $5,000 scholarship to a state college of their choice, in Oregon.
Seneca’s mission is for students to learn about Oregon’s greatest natural resource in the process of this application. Aaron U. Jones, the beloved founder of Seneca Sawmill, started his lumber mill in 1953 having just returned as a soldier from WWII.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- The applicant must be either a junior or senior currently enrolled in an Oregon high school institution or a student pursuing a high school diploma or general education degree at an equivalent grade level.
- The applicant of the scholarship must be a legal resident of the State of Oregon.
Retaining your Scholarship
To retain your Scholarship, you must:
- Complete and receive a high school diploma or equivalent degree (GED).
- Enroll in a college or university in the State of Oregon and maintain such enrollment during the duration of the scholarship period.
- Maintain your status as a resident of the State of Oregon.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Provide Seneca with access to the academic status at all times during the payment of Scholarship.
- Not be placed on academic disqualification or denied admissions.
- Begin to utilize your scholarship (e.enroll in a qualifying college within 18 months of acceptance).
How to Apply:
For consideration, candidates must write an essay about the viability of natural resources and in turn, your essay should be 5-10 pages, double spaced. Please do not exceed 10 pages.
To the apply, you may download the form and submit your essay through the given link
The given information provided during the application process, including, but not limited to
After complete your application you can be entered and submit your essay online through
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The one-time amount of scholarship is $5,000payable on the college or universities quarter or semester system
The deadline for all students to upload their essay application is March 29, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions or need more information, please call on Phone: (541) 726-3020 or e-mail: SS-at-senecasawmill.com