The Santa Fe Institute is pleased to offer The Omidyar Fellowship. The fellowship is open to candidates from any country with PhD in any discipline. The fellowship program provides the opportunity to join a collaborative research community. The fellowship offers competitive salary, generous benefits, and discretionary research and collaboration funds.
The Santa Fe Institute is a transdisciplinary research community that expands the boundaries of scientific understanding. The aim of institute is to discover, comprehend, and communicate the common fundamental principles in complex physical, computational, biological, and social systems.
Applications are welcome for the candidates from any country and in any discipline. All applicants should have:
- A PhD in any discipline (or expected to obtain PhD by September 2016)
- Strong computational and quantitative skills
- An exemplary academic record
- A proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research
- Evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms
How to Apply:
In order to apply for this Scholarship you must create an account. The link is: https://sfiomidyar.fluidreview.com/
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (including publications list).
- Statement of research interests (max. 2 pages) including a short description of the research you would like to pursue and why.
- Description of interest in SFI (max. 1 page) that describes your potential contribution to the SFI community and also explains the potential impact of SFI on your research. Consider addressing one or more of the following: What kind of input from other fields would most improve your future research? What type of multidisciplinary workshop might you want to organize during your Fellowship? What aspects of your present or future research are difficult to pursue in a traditional academic environment?
- Three letters of recommendation from scholars who know your work. (The letters should be sent independent of the application. When you complete the online application, please be prepared to provide e-mail addresses of the three individuals who will recommend you. SFI will contact them directly with instructions for submitting letters.)
- (Optional) A copy of one paper you have written in English either published or unpublished.
- Transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide
- Up to three years in residence in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Discretionary research and collaboration funds
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- A structured leadership training program
- Unparalleled intellectual freedom
The Fellowship application deadline is November 1, 2015.
Link for More Information: