If you are interested in receiving an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship and commissioning into the Army Reserve, the Minuteman Scholarship provides you an excellent opportunity. All qualified applicants for ROTC scholarships may apply for consideration for the 4-year Minuteman Scholarship. Each Army Reserve major subordinate command (MSC) can award four Minuteman Scholarships per year. Minuteman Scholarships cover four years of full tuition and fees or $10,000 for room and board at colleges and universities served by an Army ROTC program.
The U.S. Army Reserve provides trained, equipped and ready soldiers, leaders, and units to meet America’s requirements at home and abroad.
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Between ages of 17-31
• Valid MEPS physical
• Currently in the Army Reserve or eligible for enlistment
• Ability to pass APFT
• Meet AR 600-9 standards
• Pass MSC commander Interview
• Professor of Military Science validation
• Acceptance letter to college
• Proof of academic major
• Proof of ACT or SAT scores
• Enroll in ROTC
How to Apply:
• To get started, high school seniors should contact the Professor of Military Science or Recruiting Operations Officer at the Army ROTC program that serves their college or university.
• There are 275 host programs that cover nearly 3,000 schools across the United States. To find a program that serves your college or university, you can visit the given link: http://www.goarmy.com/rotc.html
• The Minuteman Scholarship covers full tuition and fees (uncapped) at any college or university served by an Army Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (ROTC) program, or can be used toward room and board, capped at $10,000 per year.
• Scholarship recipients also receive a yearly book allowance of $1,200 and a monthly stipend from $300 to $500 while attending school, depending on their year in the ROTC program.
• Minuteman Scholarship recipients must participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), in which they participate in an Army Reserve unit monthly drill and a 14-day annual training and are paid as a sergeant.
• After graduation and commissioning, Minuteman Scholarship recipients are guaranteed placement in the Army Reserve.
The deadline for applying the Minuteman Scholarships is August 15, 2016.
Link for More Information:
Point of contact for scholarship actions is william.l.gee2.mil-at-mail.mil or 502-624-7695.