Influenster.com is pleased to announce the “Code Like a Girl Scholarship” for U.S. legal residents who are 18 years of age or older. The aim of scholarship is to enable stellar female students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a technical field of study to reach their fullest career potential. Five (5) Applicants will be selected as the potential $1,000 Scholarship awardees. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
Influenster.com is a product discovery platform and review site that helps members find new products to try and get advice so they can make informed purchases. They provide crowd sourced opinions on products.
- Be lawfully authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States without any form of sponsorship.
- Be enrolled full-time in your third, fourth, or fifth year as of the Fall 2015 semester. If you are not a full-time student (i.e. not taking a full course load or will be taking on a co-op opportunity), you will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Have a minimum 3.40 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale.
- Be a female student majoring in one of the following disciplines: computer science, information science, engineering, or a related field.
- Pass all components of the Influenster application including the written essay topic, “Discuss a tool in the realm of technology that you wish you could reinvent, tweak, or collaborate on and why?”
- Attach a valid resume and transcript as proof of enrollment.
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the on-line application form. The link is:
- The candidates must submit unpublished written response to the scholarship topic, “Discuss a tool in the realm of technology that you wish you could reinvent, tweak, or collaborate on and why?” Your response must be written in English, with correct spelling and grammar, and it must contain no more than 750 words.
Influenster will give to offer a $1,000 scholarship to five female students.
Application can be submitted till 12:00AM EST October 2, 2015.
Link for More Information: