Space Telescope Science Institute is pleased to announce The Hubble Fellowship. It offers an opportunity for highly qualified recent postdoctoral scientists. The fellowship provides annual stipend of approximately $67,500, an additional allowance of $16,000 per year for travel and other research costs. The fellowship is tenable at U.S. host institutions of the fellows’ choice, subject to a maximum of one new fellow per host institution per year.
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STSCI) is the science operations center for the Hubble Space Telescope. It enables excellence in astronomical research by optimizing the science from state-of-the-art observational instruments in space.
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. Or equivalent doctoral-level research degree in astronomy, physics, or a related discipline.
- The date of the PhD award should be on or after January 1, 2013. Graduate-student awardees who have not yet received their doctoral degree at the time of application must present evidence of having completed all requirements for the degree before commencing their Fellowships.
- Hubble Fellowships are open to citizens of the United States and to English-speaking citizens of other countries.
How to Apply:
In order to apply for the given fellowship, applicants must login through the given link: https://stscihf.slideroom.com/#/login/form
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A summary of previous and current research (limited to three pages total, including references)
- A copy of the research proposal, described below (limited to 3 pages text plus 2 pages references/figures)
- The initial annual stipend for a Hubble Fellow will be approximately $67,500.
- In addition, the Hubble Fellow can receive health insurance, relocation costs, and support for travel, computing services, publications, and other direct research costs.
- No additional stipend, salary, or other remuneration may be accepted from any other appointment (such as teaching), fellowship, or similar grant during the period of the Fellowship.
- Additional honorary named appointments intended to be linked with the title of “Hubble Fellow” are similarly not allowed.
Deadline of this fellowship is 5th November 2015.
Link for More Information: