Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is offering the Scholars program for extraordinary young people. The foundation awards 1000 scholarships per year. The scholarship can be used at any U.S. based, accredited college or university of the student’s choice. The GMS 2015 Application is now closed. The GMS 2016 Application will open on August 1, 2015.
The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program was established in 1999and funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
To be considered eligible for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program students must:
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American
- Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or earned a GED
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located , accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student
How to Apply:
The GMS 2015 Application is now closed. The GMS 2016 Application will open on August 1, 2015. For applying the scholarship
- The candidates must submit the following forms
- A Nominator Form-an evaluation of the student’s academic record
- A Recommender Form- an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities
- Completed application form
The deadline for applications for the next class of the Gates Millennium Scholars Program is January 13, 2016.
Link for More Information: