Do you (or your kid) have an idea for a cool invention, hurry up! The Frito-Lay, Inc. is now sponsoring the “Dreamvention” contest that is administrated by the Marketing Arm Inc.The contest is open to persons who are legally residing in and physically located within one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and who are at least seven (7) years of age at the time of entry. Enter in Frito-Lay’s Dreamvention Contest and you could win one of five $10,000 prizes or a grand prize consisting of $240,000 cash and $10,000 worth of mentoring services.
Frito-Lay, Inc. is an American subsidiary of PepsiCo that manufactures markets and sells corn chips, potato chips, and other snack foods.Frito-Lay began in the early 1930s as two separate companies, The Frito Company and H.W. Lay & Company, which merged in 1961 to form Frito-Lay, Inc.
To eligible the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- The contest is open to persons legally residing in, and physically located within, one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who is at least seven (7) years of age at the time of entry.
- If an entrant is between the ages of 7 and 13, their parent/legal guardian, who must also meet the eligibility requirements of these official rules, must enter the contest on their behalf as they are not permitted to enter this contest on their own.
- Entrants must not be a party to any agreement that might present a conflict or interfere with entrant’s participation in the Contest.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is under any agreement which Sponsor deems to be in conflict with Contest.
How to Apply:
To enter in the contest, the applicant must sign-up go through the given link: https://www.mydreamvention.com/sign-up
- Submit an original concept conceived by you (and/or on behalf of the child, your entering on behalf of) of a unique and novel invention (or a unique and novel improvement of an existing invention) (“Dreamvention”) by:
- Providing a name for your Dreamvention
- Uploading a photograph depicting a drawing, sketch or rendering of your Dreamvention and/or creating an online diagram of your Dreamvention by using the online drawing tool provided
- Providing a written statement: Written statement must not exceed two-hundred (200) words
- Submit as requested to receive one (1) submission into the Contest.
- There is a limit of five (5) Submissions per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than five (5) Submissions, only five (5) Submissions will be considered.Only fully completed submission forms are eligible.
- Submit a photo of my Dreamvention: There are 2 ways to submit. Upload a drawing or sketch of your Dreamvention or use the online drawing tool.Photograph file size must not exceed 10 MB and must be in one of the following formats: jpg or png. Written statements must not exceed 500 characters.
- Submissions must be the original work of entrant (and/or on behalf of the child your entering on behalf of), must not have been previously published, released commercially or won any awards or be the subject of any patent filing. Any elements appearing in a Submission, including, without limitation, photographs, renderings, sketches, or any other materials, must be entrant’s own original work, created or properly licensed by the entrant, or be in the public domain.
- Submissions must not feature the name, likeness or other personally identifiable information of any person. Personally, the identifiable information includes, but is not limited to name, image, likeness, license plates, phone numbers and personal addresses.
- All contents of the submission must be in the in the English language. Submissions must be in compliance with the Submission Guidelines specified in Section 4 herein.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Finalist Prize: The five (5) Finalists will each receive $10,000, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10,000, each a (“Finalist Prize”).
- Winner Prize: The one (1) Winner will receive: (i) a one (1) hour virtual, one-on-one entrepreneurship mentoring session with a celebrity mentor, with an ARV of $10,000 and (ii) $240,000, collectively the (“Winner Prize”). The total ARV of the Winner Prize is $250,000.
- The Finalist Prize and the Winner Prize will hereinafter collectively be referred to as (“Prize” or “Prizes”).
- The total ARV of all of the prizes available to be won is $300,000.
- Contest submission period commences at 12:00:00 PM CT on February 27, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 24, 2017.Finalists will be announced onMay 26th, 2017.
- The voting period commences at 12:00:00 PM CT on October 23, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on November 20, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any additional issues, call Frito-Lay Customer Service at 1-800-352-4477.