The Coolidge Scholarship, the most generous college scholarship in the world, is a program of the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation. The Coolidge Scholarship is America’s “unconditional” merit scholarship is open for only high school juniors enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university for the first time in fall 2024. The scholarship covers a student’s full tuition, room and board, and required fees for four years of undergraduate study. The Coolidge Scholarship also provides an annual stipend for books and supplies.
The Coolidge Foundation is the official foundation dedicated to preserving the legacy and promoting the values of America’s 30th president. The Foundation was formed in 1960 by John Coolidge, the president’s son, along with a group of fellow Coolidge enthusiasts.
Coolidge Scholarship Program
- 2023 Coolidge Scholarship applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States of America at the time of application.
- 2023 Coolidge Scholarship applicants must intend to enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university as an undergraduate for the first time in fall 2024. That is to say, students in their junior year of high school, or the equivalent if home schooled, are eligible to apply. (Students who are currently high school juniors but take some courses at a local college are indeed eligible to apply for the Coolidge Scholarship.)
- 2023 Coolidge Scholarship applicants cannot be the immediate family member of any current employee or trustee of the Coolidge Scholars Program or the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation.
How to Apply to Coolidge Scholarship Program:
In order to apply, scholarship applicants must register or sign in before applying the scholarship through the given link: https://coolidgescholars.org/apply/
- Letters of recommendation
- Submit a copy of high school transcript
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study.
The 2022-23 Application will close February 23, 2023, at 5:00 PM eastern time.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at coolidgescholarship-at-coolidgefoundation.org
Additional Coolidge Scholarship Information
- Scholarship portal is now open and accepting applications.
- The 2022-23 application deadlines for the scholarships will be Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Note the time difference. You need to submit all applications materials (including both recommendations) before the deadline.
- Among the most generous college scholarships in the United States, the scholarship covers tuition, room and board, books, and fees for students who meet certain criteria. It covers 4 years of undergraduate studies at an accredited university.
- The scholarship is an unconditional scholarship awarded to students regardless of their geographic locations, races, family backgrounds, family incomes, academic majors, or universities they plan to attend. Named before applying for admission, Coolidge Scholars can choose from any accredited U.S.-based colleges or universities where they gain admission.
- The Coolidge Scholars Program was established by the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation. The Coolidge Foundation was founded by former U.S. president Calvin Coolidge in 1927. It is an independent, nonpartisan organization located in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, where Calvin Coolidge was born To learn more about the Coolidge Foundation and its programs, please visit: http://www.coolidgefoundation. org/
- There aren’t any specific requirements for which college I can go to. The scholarship can be applied for at any accredited U.S. college or university.
- You need to apply directly to the university you want to go to. You must gain admission into an American accredited college or university if you want to receive the Coolidge Scholarship.
- You don’t need to pursue any specific academic major or field of studies to qualify for the Coolidge Scholarship.
- The Coolidge Scholars Program started in the winter of 2016. It began accepting applications for its first cohort in July 2016. The 2022-23 academic application cycle will be the eighth annual cycle for the Coolidge Scholarship.
- Each summer, the Coolidge Foundation awards two or three scholarships for students who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and academic excellence.
- The Coolidge Foundation considers each applicant seriously. We intend to invite up to 10 finalists to Finalist Interview Weekend at Woodstock, Vermont and Historic Plymouth Notch, Vermont, where they will meet our judges and learn more about the program. On this weekend, the finalists will each be interviewed by the Coolidge Scholarship Final Jury. The Coolidge Scholarship covers the associated transportation, lodgings, and meals costs for each finalists and one parent or legal guardians. We’ll notify finalists by email and phone.
- Do applicants who aren’t named finalists get contacted? Yes. We will notify everyone who applied by the end of Summer 2023 whether they were accepted into the program. Applicants will receive updates via their online application portal.
- Many people apply for the scholarship. Is it still worthwhile to apply? Yes! Very few people can actually win the scholarship but there are many advantages to applying for it. Finalists who are selected for an interview but do not ultimately get the award are eligible to receive a once-in-a-lifetime Finalist Award scholarship. Furthermore, a larger number of top candidates are designated as “Senators” which is itself, an extremely high honor. Every year, the Coolidge Foundation holds a Coolidge Senators Summit where high school seniors get to visit Washington D.C., learn about President Calvin Coolidge, and have an opportunity to interact with senators from across the United States. Finally, many applicants say they’re glad they applied even though they didn’t win because going through the scholarship application process helped position them for future applications. You can learn more about the Coolidge Scholarship Program at the Coolidge Foundation website.