The Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) is pleased to announce scholarship program. The ASDSO Scholarship Program awards annual undergraduate scholarships to U.S. citizens enrolled in accredited programs in engineering or related fields and planning careers related to the design, construction, or operation of dams. The scholarships are ranged from $5,000 to $10,000.
The Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) was formed in 1983. ASDSO has more than 3,000 members representing state, federal and local governments, academia, dam owners, manufacturers and suppliers, consultants and others.
- Must be U.S. citizens and enrolled full-time at the senior level (during the 2016/2017 school year) in an accredited civil engineering program, or in a related field as determined by ASDSO
- Must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in hydraulics, hydrology or geotechnical disciplines, or in another discipline related to the design, construction and operation of dams
- Undergraduate students planning to graduate in May/December 2017 will be eligible for the 2016 scholarship
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 for the first three years of college and be recommended by their academic advisor
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete scholarship application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
- Transcripts of all university education (up through fall 2014 semester)
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the academic advisor (Copy the attached Reference Form as needed.)
- Essay including proposed curriculum of study
Send all applications and accompanying materials to:
Association of State Dam Safety Officials
239 S. Limestone
Lexington, Kentucky 40508
Scholarships will be awarded for the 2016/2017 school year and have ranged from $5,000 to $10,000 in recent years.
The completed application packet must be submitted by March 31, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For more questions you can call: (855) 228-9732 Fax: (859) 550-2795 and email at: info-at-damsafety.org