The NADA Artadia Award is a collaborative, unrestricted Award presented semiannually at NADA New York and NADA Miami Beach. Individual artists and collaborative working in all media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Awards are granted in participating cities on a rotating basis. Of the selected five finalists, the jury will designate two Awardees to receive unrestricted funds of up to $10,000. The award money can be used however the artist sees fit.
Artadia is a national non-profit organization. As one of the few organizations to operate on both a local and national level, Artadia is in a unique position to create sustainable fiscal and social change for artists.
The Artadia Awards application process is open to all visual artists who:
• Live and work in designated partner cities ( Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York and the San Francisco Bay Area)
• Have resided in the program city for at least two years before the application deadline.
• Not currently enrolled in an art-related degree program or long-term residency, nor planning to attend an art-related degree program or long-term residency in the coming year.
Are not related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
• Have not received an Artadia (formerly The ArtCouncil Inc.)
• Award for $10,000 or more in the past.
How to Apply:
1. Create an account for our online application with Submittable: artadia.submittable.com/submit. You can log in and out of the application as many times as you wish before the deadline
2. Organize your application materials consisting of:
• Media: 8 images and 3 minutes of video (if applicable)
• Image Details: Title, year, medium, dimensions for images and/or video submitted
• C.V.: 1600 words or less. An artist’s resume containing exhibition history and bibliography
• Artist Statement (optional): 100 words or less. Describe your work (medium, process, form, content, subject, themes, etc.)
Two Awardees will receive unrestricted funds of $10,000.
Application deadline is August 1, 2016, by 6:00 PM (PST).
Link for More Information:
Direct any questions to info-at-artadia.org with the subject line “2016 San Francisco Awards Application”.