“Answer Scholarship Endowment” is excited to announce the Andersen Nontraditional Scholarship. The scholarship is open for women who are seeking to earn a two-year nursing degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in the field of their choice. The scholarship provides financial support and encouragement to adult women of age 25 and older who are raising school-age children.
ANSWER is a non-profit fund housed at Foundation for the Carolinas. They have helped remarkable mothers in the Charlotte region earn college degrees and become strong and self-supporting.
- Be a “nontraditional” female student age 25 or older at the time of the application deadline.
- Be primary caregiver to at least one school-age child (enrolled in grades Kindergarten – 12). This includes natural born or legally adopted children or children for whom legal guardianship has been granted. The children must live in the home with the applicant.
- Applicants must be US Citizen, including foreign-born US citizens and legal residents of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina or a contiguous county in North Carolina or South Carolina (Cabarrus, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Stanly and Union in NC and York in SC).
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time, degree-seeking student at an accredited institution in North Carolina or South Carolina, seeking a first-time bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who have already earned a 4-year degree are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
- Visit the given link to search for The ANSWER Endowment under “Search for Scholarship by Keyword”.
- Create a new account.
- Complete the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Before you submit your application, you will need to supply email addresses for three (3) references
- Transcript: You will need to provide a school official’s email address so they can attach your official transcript to your application
- 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid application (FAFSA)
Scholarship award amounts will vary annually at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
You can submit your on-line application by 12:00 noon March 16th, 2016.
Link for More Information: