The American Legion, Department of Florida is offering many scholarship opportunities named as “High School Scholarship Opportunities” and “College Scholarship Opportunities”. The program is open to high school students and college students. The mission of the Department of Florida is providing many opportunities by scholarships programs to college and high school students. At the American Legion, winners will receive up to $6000 by High School Scholarship and $2,750 by College Scholarship Program
The American Legion was chartered and incorporated by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. It is the nation’s largest wartime veteran’s service organization, committed to mentoring youth
For High School Scholarship: Student must be a direct descendant (child, grandchild, great-grandchild or an adopted child) of a veteran who meets one of the following requirements:
- Is a member in good standing of the American Legion
- Is a U.S. veteran who is eligible to be a member of The American Legion
- Is a deceased U.S. veteran who would have been eligible for membership in The American Legion
- The student must be in his or her senior year and attending a Florida high school, parents must be Florida residents.
For College Scholarship:
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent Florida resident
- Entering their third year of study in an accredited Florida Medical School (Medical School)
- Entering their second year of study in an accredited Florida Nursing School (Nursing School)
How to Apply:
Applying for these scholarships, the candidate can click on the appropriate link which scholarship they want to choose, different scholarships can be found at the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- High School Scholarship Program, winners will receive:
- 1st Place- $2,500
- 2nd Place- $2,000
- 3rd Place- $1,000
- 4th – 7th Place- $500
- College scholarship program, both college (Medical and Nursing) will provide one scholarship award of $2,750
- High School Scholarship application deadline is March 1st of current school year.
- College Scholarship application deadline is April 1 of the current school year.
Link for more Information:
If you have any questions regarding Scholarships, contact at: