The American Foundation for the Blind is offering variety of scholarships. Since most of AFB’s scholarships are designated for specific fields of study. The scholarships are open for the blind students of U.S. The Scholarship Committee will review only those applications that are complete with supporting documents and meet all scholarship requirements.
The American Foundation for the Blind removes barriers, creates solutions, and expands possibilities so people with vision loss can achieve their full potential.
The scholarships are open for all applicants of U.S. citizens or naturalized citizens.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must submit the on-line scholarship form through the given link:
- Official transcripts: Send an official transcript from the school you are presently attending. If you are not currently enrolled in school, send transcripts from each school you have previously attended.
- Two letters of recommendation: Only letters from academic advisors, teachers, rehabilitation counselors, or other professionals will be accepted.
- Proof of legal blindness: AFB requires a signed letter from an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or state or private agency for the blind, certifying that you are legally blind
Mail completed AFB Scholarship application materials to:
American Foundation for the Blind
1000 Fifth Ave
Huntington, WV 25701
Attn: Scholarship Committee
- The Delta Gamma Foundation Florence Margaret Harvey Memorial Scholarship:One scholarship of $1,000 to an undergraduate or graduate student in the field of rehabilitation or education of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
- The Rudolph Dillman Memorial Scholarship:Four scholarships of $2,500 each to undergraduates or graduates who are studying full-time in the field of rehabilitation or education of persons who are blind and/or visually impaired.
- The Paul and Ellen Ruckes Scholarship:Two scholarships of $2,000 each to a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the field of engineering or in computer, physical, or life sciences.
- The R.L. Gillette Scholarship:Two scholarships of $1,000 each to women who are enrolled in a full-time four-year undergraduate degree program in literature or music.
- The Gladys C. Anderson Memorial Scholarship:One scholarship of $1,000 given to a female undergraduate or graduate student studying classical or religious music
- The Karen D. Carsel Memorial Scholarship:One scholarship of $500 to a full-time graduate student.
Scholarship application and supporting documents must be received by AFB no later than April 1, 2016.
Link for more Information:
For additional information contact:
AFB Information Center
Toll Free: (800) 232-5463