International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is pleased to offer “Team Reporting Fellowship To El Salvador & Guatemala”. Applicants must be women journalists currently working full time in the news media, with three or more years of professional experience. The IWMF will select five pairs of women journalists that will travel to San Salvador and Guatemala City for a cross-border reporting trip focused on underreported stories. Fellowship will cover fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters it’s also cover Visa costs.
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF), located in Washington, D.C., is an organization working internationally to elevate the status of women in the media. The IWMF has created programs to help women in the media develop practical solutions to the obstacles they face in their careers and lives.
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Applicant must be a woman journalist whose primary profession is journalism.
- Applicant must be currently working full time in news media and have at least three years of professional experience. Journalists working in print, broadcast, or digital media, including freelancers, are eligible.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate support from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and want to apply for the fellowship-p program you can apply by the given link: https://iwmf.submittable.com/submit
You must submit the following information along with your application
- Basic details,
- A statement of interest including a researched story pitch,
- CV, work samples,
- And either a letter of support from an editor or a proven track record of publication.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The IWMF covers Fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs.
- Visa costs will also be covered.
Scholarship applications must be received by July 4, 2017, at 11:59 EDT (Washington, DC).
Link for More Information: