The Type Directors Club is pleased to announce TDC Beatrice Warde Scholarship. An amount of $5000 will be awarded to a female student who is currently enrolled in her junior undergraduate year and it will be applied directly to her senior year tuition which begins September 2016 and concludes in May 2017. The scholarship, based solely on merit, will be awarded to a student whose work demonstrates exceptional talent, sophistication, and skill in the use of typography.
The Type Directors Club was founded in 1946 and it is the leading international organization whose purpose is to support excellence in typography, both in print and on screen.
- Female student currently enrolled in her junior undergraduate year and will be applied directly to her senior year tuition, which begins September 2016 and concludes in May 2017.
- The criteria for the scholarship extends across disciplines from design criticism to type design and graphic design, since Beatrice Warde was a writer and educator who helped promote Monotype products.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must submit the Scholarship application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
- The scholarship requirements include a statement and three samples of work accomplished while at school/university.
- A grade point average of B or higher.
- The applicant must sign a statement verifying that it is her work.
- Letters of recommendation will be required after the first round of selection is completed.
You can submit application form and supporting documents to director-at-tdc.org
A $5,000 scholarship award will be given to winning candidate.
You can submit application form and other application materials by Thursday, February 11, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions please contact director-at-tdc.org