Are you a high school senior who would like to apply for a scholarship? The Tan Son Nhut Association is glad to announce a wonderful scholarship termed as “Tan Son Nhut Association Scholarship.” The scholarship recipient must pursue a four-year degree as a resident student at a United States accredited college or university. Winners will get an opportunity to win $5,000.
The Tan Son Nhut Association has been established to respect all of those service personnel from the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard, as well as the many civilians.
Before applying read the eligibility criteria carefully:
- The recipient must pursue a four-year degree as a resident student at a United States accredited college or university that grants bachelor or higher degrees.
- The recipient may begin their college career at a two-year accredited institution whose credits earned are transferable to an educational institution granting bachelor or higher degrees.
- If the recipient does not transfer to a bachelor-degree college or university after completing two years at a junior or community college, the final two years of the scholarship shall not be awarded.
- If the secondary school attended is not in the United States, it will be the responsibility of the TSNA.
- Scholarship Selection Committee to determine if the institution meets the same criteria as a United States accredited school.
- In order to receive the next installment of the TSNA Scholarship, the recipient must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, based on a 4-point scale, for each academic year.
- The college major must be one that leads to at least a bachelor degree in a specific subject.
How to Apply:
Applicants can easily download the application form by the given link: http://tsna.org/view/scholarship2016.pdf
Applicant must submit:
- An official high School transcript showing an overall high school GPA. Minimum requirement is 3.0 on a 4- point scale for the three years of high school. Applicant must submit a copy of the transcript or a signed letter.
- From the high school administration attesting to and listing the student’s GPA for each of the last three years of high school.
- One Faculty/Administrator letter of recommendation (LIMIT TO ONE PAGE).
- Copies of Standardized Test Scores (ACT, SAT, or other acceptable test scores) if not on high school transcript.
- Resume’ or list of school and community activities, awards and leadership positions (LIMIT TO ONE PAGE).
- An essay/personal statement written by the applicant addressing what you hope to accomplish as a student in.
- Please include your planned major, academic, personal, and leadership goals (LIMIT TO ONE PAGE).
- Proof (a copy of DD Form 214 and/or other acceptable documentation) that you are a direct descendent by.
- Blood or by legal adoption of someone who served in the Republic of Vietnam with some connection to Tan.
- Participation in JROTC or other patriotic activities (OPTIONAL).
- Plans to pursue ROTC in college (OPTIONAL).
All the application material must be submitted to:
TSNA Scholarship Committee
c/o Committee Chairman
4214 Brenda Drive
Jonesboro, AR 72401
- Maximum benefit to any recipient will be $5,000, distributed directly to the college or university which the student attends, to be credited to the student’s account at the college or university.
- The TSNA Scholarship Selection Committee, in consultation with the TSNA Treasurer, will determine the amount of benefit for a given year.
- Normally, each academic year, one-fourth of benefits will be disbursed as direct payment by TSNA Treasurer to the educational institution as long as the recipient meets minimum requirements to maintain the scholarship.
June 1, 2016 is the deadline of “Tan Son Nhut Association Scholarship”.
Link for more information: