Symantec is pleased to announce the 2016 Fellowship Program to outstanding Ph.D. students. The key goal of the fellowship program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. They are seeking applications in the field of Next Generation Security, Cloud platforms, application security, Machine learning and data mining.
Symantec was founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists. Symantec helps consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. They provide security, storage and systems management solutions to help customers.
- Applying students must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses such as security, cloud computing, virtualization, machine learning, data mining, etc.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, you must submit the following documents:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 500 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent confidentially.
You can submit applications and letters of recommendation in one of the following ways:
- You Email can complete application packet to: SRLFellowship-at-Symantec.com
- You can Mail at the given address:
Attn. Darren Shou,
900 Corporate Pointe,
Culver City, CA 90230
The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc
The complete application packet must be received no later than 5:00pm on December 4th, 2015 (Pacific Time Zone).
Link for More Information:
Please direct any additional questions about the Symantec Graduate Fellowship Program to: SRLFellowship-at-Symantec.com.