STA Travel is offering two $2500 scholarships for U.S. students for study abroad program. The scholarship is open for the U.S. students who are enrolled in U.S. undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree program. One scholarship will be awarded in August 2015 and the other in December 2015. These awards are part of STA Travel’s mission to make international education accessible for the students.
Scholarship applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Are enrolled in a U.S. college or university where transfer credit from an academic program abroad will be applied to your U.S. degree being earned
- Are enrolled in a U.S. undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree program
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
- Have a full, up-to-date transcript that can be provided as a PDF file and explicitly lists the following:
- the name of the college or university
- your full name (first and last)
- your cumulative GPA
- Are studying abroad in the host country for a minimum of 4 weeks/28 days.
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must register themselves on the site. The link is:
- After complete the registration process, the candidates must complete the Part1 and Part2 registration
a) Part I requires the following:
- Personal & Contact information
- University & Academic information
- Study Abroad Program Information
- Required Essay of 500 words or less, based on the prompt. Prepare your essay in advance in a Word document; review & edit it.
b) Part II requires Uploading of PDF files and providing weblinks
- The candidate’s transcript (unofficial, official, student copy, photocopy of an official copy, or web transcript), with the following clearly listed:
- The name of the college or university
- Full name (first and last)
- Cumulative GPA (if your university does not calculate GPAs, this policy must be included in the document upload)
- The information page (i.e. photo page) of your passport
- Public link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to your study abroad program profile web page
The winning candidates will get two $2500 scholarship amounts.
The complete application packet must be submitted on or before June 29, 2015.
Link for More Information: