The Mission of the Southern Scholarship Foundation is to help deserving young people who lack financial resources, but deserve excellent education and want to attend the institute for higher education.
For over fifty years, Southern Scholarship Foundation has helped thousands of students by creating their outstanding academic ability and good character. The foundation provides financial help to the students so that they can fulfill their dream of higher education.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship the candidate must sign up or login http://www.southernscholarship.org/2012-04-14-17-37-51/apply-online.html. The candidates must also upload the following
- A recent, high-resolution, color photograph of yourself
- A copy of the official acceptance notice from FAMU, FGCU, FSU, SFC, TCC, or UF.
- A list of honors, clubs, social activities, employment, volunteer experiences, talents, and interests. Resumes are accepted.
- Be prepared to upload your most recent transcripts from high school and/or any colleges attended
- All applicants must demonstrate financial need by filing for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- An essay of 500-750 words, the candidates must respond to all of the topics given below:
- Write a brief autobiography, which includes your characteristics and general outlook on life.
- Select the most significant event in your life and discuss how it affected you.
- Briefly discuss your professional goals and how you hope to achieve them.
- Tell why you would make a good candidate for community living program.
The candidates can apply for the scholarship till October 31st for spring semester.