The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a unique opportunity to obtain a Ph.D. degree in Science and Engineering. Students who are graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results can apply. SINGA helps realize Singapore’s ambition of becoming a talent hub, by building linkages with bright minds from diverse nationalities that have experienced living and working in Singapore. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing the qualifying examination.
SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). It is an award offered to international students with excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results, and the strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (Ph.D.) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University.
You can check the basic entry requirements that are given below
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship firstly you may log in through the given link:
All applicants need to submit the following documents for consideration:
- Identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / TOEFL / SAT I & II /GATE results optional
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of Ph.D. studies, The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination
- 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of Ph.D. studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000Settling-in Allowance.
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500.
The application submission deadline is June 1, 2017 (2359 hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).
Link for More Information:
For more information about the scholarship you can go through the given link: