Don’t let your budget stop you from reaching your potential as SeniorAdvice.com is offering Caregiver Scholarship to an eligible student who has served as a volunteer in a senior living community within the past year. SeniorAdvice.com is offering scholarships because they believe in the value of advanced education for those who give back to the elderly community. One student, who will be attending college or university in the fall of 2016, will receive a $1000 for tuition and/or books.
Whether you are an independent senior looking to relocate to a 55+ community, or you are searching for assisted living or nursing care for a loved one, SeniorAdvice.com is your one-stop resource for researching and finding the best care for you or your loved ones.
- Students must be attending a two or four-year university or college in the Fall of 2016. They must have been involved in volunteering for a senior living community during the past year (2015-2016).
- SeniorAdvice.com employees and their family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must give the answers of some questions. The candidates can find the questions at https://www.senioradvice.com/news-room/senioradvice-volunteer-scholarship
- Scan and attach copy of current (high school or university/college) transcript
- Video file (.mov, .mp4, .avi, or .mpeg, 3 minutes maximum) or essay (Word or .pdf, 2000 words maximum). In essay or video format, please provide answers to the five questions below:
- Please share your volunteering story with us. Where have you volunteered and what were your duties?
- What have you learned from your experience as a volunteer? How has this experience affected you?
- What is a valuable piece of advice you’ve received from the aging community you’ve been in contact with? What is a valuable piece of advice that you’ve given to them?
- What will you be studying in a school in the Fall of 2016 and how has your role as a volunteer influenced your chosen career path?
- Why should you receive this scholarship and how will it help you?
Email your completed questions and supporting documents to scholarship-at-senioradvice.com.
The winner of the SeniorAdvice Volunteer Scholarship will receive $1000 for tuition and/or books paid directly to the recipient.
The application must be submitted on July 15, 2016. Scholarship winners will be notified by August 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: