Are you a real-life hidden figure on her way to changing the world? You could win a scholarship to help make your STEM dreams come true! PepsiCo and 21st Century Fox are partnering to find the next generation of girls and women who will lead the way in STEM. Sound like you? The maximum total ARV of all prizes in the contest is Two Hundred Eighteen Thousand Sixteen Dollars ($218,016USD). Winners will also receive exclusive opportunities and more from PepsiCo and Hidden Figures.
- Open only to female/female-identifying persons who are 13 years of age or older as of November 14, 2016, who are legal residents of the United States residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Colombia (the “Territory”).
- Individuals under the age of 18 (or the legal age of majority in the individual’s state of residence) must have consent from their parent or guardian to enter the Contest.
How to Apply:
- For applying “The Search for Hidden Figures Contest”, the students must fill the on-line application form. The link is: https://searchforhiddenfigures.com/enter-to-win/
- After an Entrant is notified by Sponsor of being selected as a Semi-Finalist Winner, in order to be eligible to become a Finalist or Grand Prize Winner, each Semi-Finalist Winner shall submit a video (the “Video Submission”) to Sponsor of themselves answering the following question: Why is STEM important to you and how can you see STEM changing or improving your life?
Upload the creative essay assignment for the Contest (“Creative Assignment”) is to answer the following two essay questions. ”). Each essay question will be subject to a 300-word limit.
- Describe a problem in the world that you would like to solve using STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) skills. This could be a local or global problem. Why do you want to solve it?
- In the film Hidden Figures, the women featured in the film are referred to as hidden figures as a result of those around them not appreciating or understanding the women’s talents. Describe the ways in which you also might be considered a hidden figure? What unique talents do you possess that may not be fully appreciated by the world around you?
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- All applicants will receive access to exclusive The Junior Academy of the New York Academy of Sciences boot camp content, along with an inspirational Thank-You message from the movie cast and others.
- In addition, 25 semi-finalists from our junior track will receive admission to The Junior Academy of the New York Academy of Sciences, while 25 semi-finalists from our Professional track will receive a year of free Membership to the New York Academy of Sciences. All semi-finalists will also receive four complimentary tickets each to the Hidden Figures film.
- Ten finalists (five from each of our two tracks) will receive the above, plus $10,000 each in scholarship or grant money, along with a hometown screening of the film Hidden Figures.
- One grand-prize winner from each of our two tracks—the junior track and the professional track—will receive the above, plus $50,000 in scholarship or grant money (respectively), to further their work in STEM. They’ll also each receive a trip for two to the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
You may enter the Contest between 9:00:00 am Eastern Time in the United States (“ET”) on November 14, 2016, and 7:59:59 pm ET December 10, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
Link for More Information: